Mandate of Mass Media Unit
- To provide agricultural information through mass- media to farmers, extension staff and other stakeholders.
- Collecting, repackaging and disseminating Agricultural Information through mass media
- Generating financial resources to support its operation
- Unit has three sections: Video, Radio, Publications
- Video Unit was started in 1987
- Unit has experienced production crew who have worked as a team for more than ten years in production of high quality videos
They have had successful productions which have been screened on National television.
The unit is well equipped with the professional High Definition (HD) and Ultra High Definition (UHD/4K) cameras and the latest video editing suites and graphic software.
- Hire of equipment,
- Hire of personnel for production and training,
- Hire of filming equipment plus crew,
- Provision of Dubbing services,
Sale of DVDs containing materials suitable for farmers
- The radio section complements the activities of the Extension services of the Agricultural sector through the production of appropriate radio programs that address the information needs of the target audience.
- Key activity is production of radio programmes for uploading on the website.
- Production of programmes for clients
1.Allocation of airtime within AIRC radio programs
2.Commercial radio spot production
3.allocation of airtime in vernacular radio programs,
4.Hire of public address system
5.Hire of studio, Hire of field recorder
6.technical text translations
7.hire of personnel for productions
8.Hire of editing facility
Printing and publications
- The printing and publication section is responsible for publishing agricultural technical hand books and other publications relevant to the farmer’s needs.
- Income generated from the above forms part of the Centre’s revolving fund.
- Print of books, business cards, Posters, Burners, Magazines, Brochures, fliers, Certificates, Receipt books, Letter heads, Wedding cards, stickers, examination answer sheets, staff cards, meal cards, T- shirts, envelops and paper bags.
Binding, Perfect binding, Saddle stitch, Perforation, Automatic numbering, Folding in large numbers up to A3, Cutting services