|ARICULTURAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCE CENTRE||DOC. NO.|
Video programme production
|ISSUE NO: 001||REV. NO: AIRC/SOP/VID/001|
|SUBJECT: PROCEDURE FOR PRODUCTION OF A VIDEO PROGRAMME||ISSUED BY:||Date:|
PURPOSE: This process describes the procedure to be followed when producing a VIDEO programme at AIRC.
SCOPE: Programmes produced for clients throughout the agriculture sector
REFERENCES: AIRC Quality Manual.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Video production team
- There shall be a meeting between the client and the video production team or the programme producer. The meeting(s) will discuss the programme to be produced, target audience, budgets, objectives of the programme, duration, timelines, production personnel, locations and terms of reference.
- Depending on the programme; the producer will write a shooting script/shooting guidelines/storyboard
- There shall be a schedule which will be drawn from the meeting(s) held that will specify the locations to be visited and dates which will include travel. This schedule shall entail the production budget and will be approved by the director AIRC.
- Videography or photography will entirely depend on the requirements of the programme and will be determined by the producer in consultation with the client. Additional footage/material that the producer will deem necessary for the production will also be gotten.
- The video footage collected will be processed in the studio; this will include digitizing, logging, editing and selecting appropriate shots/clips which will form part of the programme.
- The producer will then write the editing script.
- The producer shall guide the direction of the programme during post production in the studio
- The producer shall then present the rough-cut programme to the clients to discuss possible changes/corrections
After all agreed corrections have been made, a final programme shall be made in the form of a master tape and DVDs to be delivered to the client or broadcast station depending on the requirements of the client.